Internet explorer has stopped working in kibana dashboard

Hi,

Whenever I am trying to change the time like last 30 days to 60 days in kibana dashboard getting popup like Internet explorer has stopped working and when I click on close button it is refreshing and showing the page and it is working properly as expected in Chrome browser and also I have checked in console dint get any error the developer tool is closed. let me know why I am getting this popup.

window7 , IE 11, Kibana 6.0.0 alpha

Hi there, could you please attach a screenshot of the popup?

Thanks,
CJ

server error message:

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.9600.18124, time stamp: 0x5641278d
Faulting module name: MSHTML.dll, version: 11.0.9600.18618, time stamp: 0x58ba3fd9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x003f7c61
Faulting process id: 0x280c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f146376b152d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\MSHTML.dll
Report Id: 63cee6ff-5ff7-11e7-80e1-0050568ce250
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Error report from system

I have a hunch that this may be a problem with IE11. Could you try out a newer version of IE and see if you still have this problem? Barring that, it sounds like you can work around your problem by using another browser, like Chrome, right?

Thanks,
CJ

And by "newer version of IE", I mean Edge. :slight_smile:

Having looked at that error message it seems like a crash related to the hardware acceleration for IE. Not sure we can do anything to fix that.
The common fixes are usually:

• updating to the latest IE11 build. There are a few more versions released after the version of IE that you're using. Latest is: 11.0.9600.18617 for Windows 7.
  • update graphics drivers in case you have Hardware acceleration enabled in IE.
  • toggle the hardware acceleration mode: it could be triggered by faulty drivers and software mode might be able to solve it.
  • Kibana 6.0.0 alpha is exactly what it says, just an alpha. Can you try in Kibana 5.4.3 using the same dashboard and actions? After you've exhausted the solutions above, as this can help us pinpoint the problem.
    Thank you very much!

Hi All,

Thanks for the response. Yes Its not working properly only in IE.

Thanks,
Riyaz

but in my project need to use IE only. And I am facing many issues in ie.
like if u select date Histogram in line chart and x-axis text is not coming.

Attached Screenshot for your refrence

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.