Is Kibana right tool to create multi-facet search user interface

Sorry for the dumb question but I am completely new in the elastic world. I would like to develop a quick proof of concept to demo elastic functionalities. and the typical multifacet interface would be perfect for me. I don't want to spend time in javascript to develop a web front end. I am wondering if I can use Kibana to develop such kind of interface. i.e. the facet catalog in left side with search bar and result in the middle of the page.

Hey @kevinzou, welcome to the discussion boards!

Kibana is a powerful tool that can do many things, but a curated multifacet search interface isn't really in its wheelhouse.

Have a look at our Site Search offering: https://swiftype.com/site-search
You can use the free 14-day trial to demonstrate a proof-of-concept without a whole lot of effort.

If you like what you see, then you can sign up for a paid account, or take advantage of our free open source tools to build your own custom search experience. For example, we have our search-ui framework which makes building on top of Site Search (or a custom connector) very easy.

Thank you Larry. You saved lots of my time.

Regards,
Kevin

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.