Is there a way to show the related SPACE window pane only to related user?

Hi Team,

I am using SPACES for showing different dashboards to different user's. But when a user login's to his space, he is still able to view the space pane window of other users. Check below screenshot for your reference. Here user1 is able to view the space pane of user2 & default one as well. And i want to hide user2 & default space from user1

Is there a way to hide this pane window from other user's, so that a user can only see his space only.

Regards,
Pankaj N

Yes. The user's role(s) determine what spaces the user can see. So, if you create a new role (or edit one of the user's existing roles), you can see the spaces configuration near the bottom of the role screen:

I think by default, roles have access to all spaces unless you restrict them.

Hi Christophilus,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried the things as suggested by you, but my issue is not resolved. I am still seeing the space window pane for all users. I want to hide that pane window for other users (Screenshot 2). Check below screenshots for your reference,

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

If my configuration done is not right, then please correct me. Really appreciate if you show some screenshots, if it is possible.

Regards,
Pankaj N

I can't tell just from your screenshot, but I suspect one of the roles is granting the user(s) access. Maybe try creating your own custom role, and ensure it only has access to a single space, and create a user who only has that role.

Hi Christophilus,

I tried with creating new roles and user, but unable to hide the space window (screenshot 2 in last post).

Do let me know which roles to use to hide this Space window as shown in screenshot 2.

It will be very helpful if you create a such role at your end and align it to a user, and finally share the screenshot where Space window is hidden from current user.

Regards,
Pankaj N

Hi Christophilus,

Can you please help me with my query.

Regards,
Pankaj N

I created a new space: "spaceballs", then I created a new role which had only that space:

Then I created a new user who only had that role:

Then I logged in as that new user in an incognito window, and they don't have any extra spaces in the flyout:

Is that not the behavior you're seeing?

Hi Christophilus,

Thanks for your reply :slightly_smiling_face: I followed your steps and things are working perfectly at my end now. The issue was, I have used multiple roles while creating the user that's why not getting the expected results.

Just help me with one more thing, I don't want to show the left-hand side vertical pane (check screenshot below). Wants to hide it and restrict it to the dashboard tab only. I tried with different roles but not able to hide the pane.

Regards,
Pankaj N

Hi Christophilus,

Can you please reply for the last concern that i have raised.

Regards,
Pankaj

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.