Is there any way to get past logs with elasticsearch?

Hello everyone,

I am using Elasticsearch and Kibana version 7.17.6 with UiPath orchestrator to view logs. I created dashboard in Kibana to view UiPath robot's usage. Sometimes Elasticsearch and Kibana is closing because server is getting frequent updates and restarts or other people using it and they are closing Elasticsearch and Kibana accidently. For example, Last Sunday I forget to start Elasticsearch and Kibana after update and now ı have three-day gap on my logs. My question is, is there any way to get past logs in Elasticsearch? Is Elasticsearch has to be open all the time to save logs?

It depends on how you are ingesting logs into Elasticsearch. If you are using Filebeat or Logstash to tail logs on disk they tend to pause indexing while Elasticsearch is unavailable and pick up where they left off once it starts again, assuming the logs have not been deleted. If you are indexing some other way it will depend on how it handles Elasticsearch unavailability.

Okey, thanks for the reply.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.