Issue on .tasks index when trying to update Kibana from 6.8 to 7.6

Hello,
I'm trying to upgrade my ES cluster from 6.8 to 7.6 but i'm facing an issue when I try to update my Kibana instance.

I get an error on the .tasks index :

FATAL  [index_not_found_exception] no such index [.tasks], with { resource.type="index_expression" & resource.id=".tasks" & index_uuid="_na_" & index=".tasks" } :: {"path":"/_tasks/1IhkYQLWRwWBGlKnevpEeg%3A37345941","query":{},"statusCode":404,"response":"{\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":\"index_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"no such index [.tasks]\",\"resource.type\":\"index_expression\",\"resource.id\":\".tasks\",\"index_uuid\":\"_na_\",\"index\":\".tasks\"}],\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"task [1IhkYQLWRwWBGlKnevpEeg:37345941] isn't running and hasn't stored its results\",\"caused_by\":{\"type\":\"index_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"no such index [.tasks]\",\"resource.type\":\"index_expression\",\"resource.id\":\".tasks\",\"index_uuid\":\"_na_\",\"index\":\".tasks\"}},\"status\":404}"}

I dont see any .tasks index in my cluster. So I tried to recreate a fresh new .tasks index but I still get an issue when starting Kibana :

FATAL [resource_not_found_exception] task [1IhkYQLWRwWBGlKnevpEeg:38778171] isn't running and hasn't stored its results :: {"path":"/_tasks/1IhkYQLWRwWBGlKnevpEeg%3A38778171","query":{},"statusCode":404,"response":"{\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"task [1IhkYQLWRwWBGlKnevpEeg:38778171] isn't running and hasn't stored its results\"}],\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"task [1IhkYQLWRwWBGlKnevpEeg:38778171] isn't running and hasn't stored its results\"},\"status\":404}"}

I'm not sure how to recover from this king of errors ?

Thank a lot for your Help !

Hi, where are you seeing this error? In the Kibana server logs?

Is there a stack trace? Can you provide the full error text?

Was there an attempted re-index operation?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.