Issue upgrading Elasticsearch cloud from 5.6 to 6.0

Hello

I am trying to upgrade my elasticsearch cloud cluster from version 5.6.13 to 6.0 .

I am using the Upgrade Assistant in Kibana to do prepare for the upgrade. I have performed a backup of the 5.6 indices.

When viewing the Cluster Checkup page I see only a single error:

Deprecated script security settings changes
This issue must be resolved to upgrade. [Read Documentation]
Details: [node[instance-0000000019] used these script-security settings:[script.inline, script.stored, script.file, script.engine.painless.inline, script.engine.painless.file, script.engine.expression.inline, script.engine.expression.file, script.engine.mustache.inline, script.engine.mustache.file]]

The documentation here indicates I should set the scripting settings, but I can find no documentation explaining how to do this.

I have seen other discussions about this issue that claim that it is not necessary to fix this error as it it is merely a bug that I can ignore. However, I don't seem to be able to proceed with the upgrade. So I would like to know how to ignore the error and continue the upgrade if that is possible.

I would also like to know if it is actually possible to set the following settings:
script.allowed_types, script.allowed_contexts and script.max_compilations_rate

I do not have access to the yml config files as this is a cloud only cluster.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.