Issue with Generating a PDF from a Dashboard

Hi there,
I've got Kibana 5.2.2 running nicely and I've created a dashboard containing about 12 different elements, a combo of bar chart, data table, and pie chart visualizations.

The dashboard looks fine in my browser. However, I need to generate PDF's based on my view and filter. When I do this, the PDF that is generated looks very different from what's on screen.
For instance:

• the order of the visualizations is different from what's on screen
  • The bar charts' x-axis lacks the individual items (for instance, my x-axis represents a time series with 30 days on it. The individual days are not showing up on the x-axis)
  • The legend is cut off on the right side

I've tried looking for documentation on this, but have found none.
I've also tried using PhantomJS or Google Chrome in headless mode to capture screen shots, but those come out even worse for some reason.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

• the order of the visualizations is different from what's on screen

Can you give a concrete example of what you are seeing here, on your dashboard vs. on your PDF report? If possible, could you include screenshots of both (with any sensitive data blurred out or blocked out)?

• The bar charts' x-axis lacks the individual items (for instance, my x-axis represents a time series with 30 days on it. The individual days are not showing up on the x-axis)

This is a known bug at this time and we are working on fixing it.

• The legend is cut off on the right side

This is also a known bug at this time.

Sure, I'll just do the first page for now, but if you want the entire thing, I can do that it will just take some time to redact.

Kibana dasbhoard in my browser:

PDF Report (First Page):

Do you have links to the issues for the other 2? Any idea when they will be resolved? It's kind of rough to show someone a report that specifies time but doesn't show the dates.

Hi, any update on this?

I used PhantomJS, and had this problem, too.

Me too, I've tried PhantomJS, as well as headless Chrome. The print / PDF export option is always significantly different from what's on screen and doesn't work well.

Hi Shaunak -
Are you able to provide any other feedback? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.