Issue with "ignore_missing" argument in es5

I am using an application that sends requests like this to elasticsearch 5 (Kibana 3):
http://localhost:9200/twitter/_aliases?ignore_unavailable=true&ignore_missing=true

The response from es5:
{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"request [/twitter/_aliases] contains unrecognized parameter: [ignore_missing]"}],"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"request [/twitter/_aliases] contains unrecognized parameter: [ignore_missing]"},"status":400}

When sent to an es2 instance, the response is valid.

I already stumbled upon a few GitHub issues and found that this troublemaking option (ignore_missing) was removed a long time ago but since then ignored.
GitHub: ignore_missing removed from _aliases
GitHub: Revisit indices options and make default values consistent

All I need to know now if es5 purposely responds with an error or if I'm doing something wrong. :robot:

You need to use Kibana 5 with Elasticsearch 5. And the project you referred to says that it's abandoned for now.

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

Yep, that's right, but my question isn't really about Kibana 3 but more about the seemingly malformed query it sets off.

Sadly Kibana 5 is not usable for us at the moment as it is really limited by its design.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.