Just warnings or something I should be concerned with?

(Michael Li Zhou) #1

Here is a sample output when I run topbeats for a few seconds. Will continue to test:

[2015-12-06 18:49:14,027][DEBUG][action.admin.indices.mapping.put] [Inferno] failed to put mappings on indices [[topbeat-2015.12.06]], type [filesystem]
MergeMappingException[Merge failed with failures {[mapper [fs.used_p] of different type, current_type [long], merged_type [double]]}]
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaDataMappingService$2.execute(MetaDataMappingService.java:392)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$UpdateTask.run(InternalClusterService.java:388)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.runAndClean(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:231)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.run(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:194)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
[2015-12-06 18:49:14,041][DEBUG][action.bulk ] [Inferno] [topbeat-2015.12.06][3] failed to execute bulk item (index) index {[topbeat-2015.12.06][filesystem][AVF5swSBDTj-bcrNbBpI], source[{"@timestamp":"2015-12-06T23:49:12.108Z","beat":{"hostname":"ecm156x173.ete.ka.sw.ericsson.se","name":"ecm156x173.ete.ka.sw.ericsson.se"},"count":1,"fs":{"device_name":"/dev/mapper/vg_ecm-lv_root","total":52710469632,"used":3395969024,"used_p":0.06,"free":49314500608,"avail":46630146048,"files":3276800,"free_files":3191608,"mount_point":"/"},"type":"filesystem"}]}
MergeMappingException[Merge failed with failures {[mapper [fs.used_p] of different type, current_type [long], merged_type [double]]}]
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaDataMappingService$2.execute(MetaDataMappingService.java:392)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$UpdateTask.run(InternalClusterService.java:388)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.runAndClean(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:231)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.run(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:194)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

(Mark Walkom) #2

Yes that is a problem, it means it cannot process the data.
Did you upgrade any time recently?

(Vincent Tran) #3
    "fs" : {
        "properties" : {
            "used_p" : {
                "type" : "float",
                "doc_values" : "true"
            }
        }
    }

The default topbeat-* template maps that field to a float. My guess is you haven't created the template, so ES is making best guess of the field type.

Can you provide the output of

GET /_template/topbeat*

(Monica Sarbu) #4

It might happen if you don't load the Topbeat template in Elasticsearch. Here are the steps. Please let me know if the errors still appear after you load the template.

(Michael Li Zhou) #5

@warkolm -- I did not upgrade. Fresh download

@vtst2412 -- yes it may be this I get an empty response

@monica -- working great!

(system) #6