Kibana 4.3.1 - Doesn't show Indices 1.7.1 together with Indices 2.1.1 without search query

Hi,
I've upgraded ElasticSearch from 1.7.1 to 2.1.1 and noticed that Kibana 4.3.1 doesn't show indices from ElasticSearch version 1.7.1 together with Indices from ElasticSearch version 2.1.1 if I don't use any search qeuery.

I have template which is used to create new index each day. My current state is that indcies till index-2016.01.25 are from version 1.7.1 and indices from index-2016.01.26 are from version 2.1.1.

If I set last 24 hours at Kibana discover page without any search query I only see indices till index-2016.01.25, but not index-2016.01.26. If I set some search query than all indices are shown correctly.

See screen below. It is last 24 hours and results are there even for 01.26 at column timeline chart but not in text result:

I'm able to see index-2016.01.26 (with or without search query) only if I set last 4 hours. That means search result is not mixed together with old and new ElasticSearch version indices.

Is it expected behavior after upgrade to 2.1.1 or is there any bug or did I do something wrong?

Thanks in advice,
Tomáš

Hi,
This sounds like it could be a bug. Could you please create an issue for it here; https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues

I don't know of a work-around at the moment.

Hi,
I reindexed all indicies using scroll and bulk APIs and everything works as before :slight_smile:

Tomáš