Kibana 4 to 7 update

Hi

I have a kibana 4.1.2 and I'm wondering if it's possible to update it right to the last kibana 7 version, or maybe I have to update first to an intermediate version (5, 6?)

Thanks

Hi @cesar.hernandez.a3se ,

Such a big upgrade is not usually quite straightforward. I hope you'll find this guide useful: Upgrade Kibana | Kibana Guide [7.12] | Elastic

1 Like

Yes. I already saw that entry. So I assume I can update just from kibana 4 to 7, without any intermediate step

No you cannot. As the documentation link mentions, there are steps you need to follow prior to the upgrade.

The documentation talks about Elasticsearch indexes, I'm aware of these changes.
I'm only talking about Kibana, asuming the indexes are migrated from my "old" elastic to the new one, can I upgrade kibana, just from version 4 to 7?

Thanks

You will need to follow Upgrade Kibana | Kibana Guide [7.12] | Elastic. So no, not likely.

Well it points me to this:

And it seems easy...

"
3. Upgrade any plugins by removing the existing plugin and reinstalling the appropriate version using the kibana-plugin script. Check out the plugins documentation for more information.
4. Start the new Kibana process using the appropriate command for your system.
"

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.