Kibana 5.0 Ingest API

Is the Ingest API available in Kibana 5.0.0?

I'm following the examples referenced in here:

POST localhost:5601/api/kibana/ingest

and I'm getting a 404 response:
{"statusCode":404,"error":"Not Found"}

Hi,

Most of the APIs referenced in that pull request were backed out of the 5.0.0 release along with the UI components that called them. Like many other Kibana APIs they were meant to be for internal Kibana use only anyway.

May I ask: what are you trying to accomplish? I might be able to guide you to something else depending on your use case.

Shaunak

Hey Shaunak,
I was looking for a way to create index patterns without using the Kibana UI.
I've read that this can be done through PUT requests to the .kibana index.
Is that still the best approach?

Thanks.

Hi

I am also looking forward to the way to create index patterns non-interactively.
I have upgraded to Kibana 5 today, and if better way is available, that would be great.

Hironori Ogibayashi

Hi @j9s3 and @ogibayashi,

Yes, if you are looking to programatically create index patterns, the best approach at the moment is to modify the contents of the .kibana index directly via the Elasticsearch REST API. You can read a bit about the structure of the .kibana index here: https://www.elastic.co/blog/kibana-under-the-hood-object-persistence

Fair Warning: Modifying the .kibana index is, of course, not ideal because the index is meant to be an implementation detail of where Kibana stores its objects (index patterns, visualizations, etc.). It's possible the Kibana developers might change something about the structure/semantics of the documents in this index and that would break your script that's programmatically writing to this index.

Hi Shaunak,

Thank you so much for the information.
I didn't know the blog post and it was useful.

Hironori Ogibayashi