I'm trying to use the Kibana (5.0.0) API to automate (via Puppet) the creation of the index pattern to be logstash-*. I have read through the following:
But the code in there doesn't match up to what appears in Kibana's source under
After playing around with the API a bit, I don't see any clear way of setting the index-pattern.
So here are my questions:
- Is there any documentation on how to use the API?
- Are there any examples on how to use the API to set the index-pattern?
- When I eventually use the API to create the index-pattern, must I already have some logstash-* indices present? (I want to specify the timestamp field to be @timestamp).
- Should I also specify all my field mappings via the API? Or will kibana automatically pick them up from Elasticsearch's mappings? How do I do this?
- And this one's a bit cheeky, but will there ever be an Elastic Puppet module for Kibana?