Kibana 6.0.0 RC2 - missing features for 'Coordinate Map' visualization

Hey guys,

i am wondering, that in the Kibana 6.0.0 RC1 and RC2 following options are missing for the 'Coordinate Map' in the release and aswell in the documentation:

Blur: Sets the amount of blurring for the heatmap dots.
Maximum zoom: Tilemaps in Kibana support 18 zoom levels. This slider defines the maximum zoom level at which the heatmap dots appear at full intensity.
Minimum opacity: Sets the opacity cutoff for the dots.

They were present in earlier releases and in the current Kibana 5.6.4 release. I found them really useful to fit heatmap visualizations to my needs.

Best regards

1 Like

G'Day, we aren't all guys though :slight_smile:

Let me ask the team and see why, I can't see anything (obvious) in Github either.

hi @networking_guy,

thanks for bringing this up. this is a mistake in the documentation. these 4 settings were deprecated in 6.0 in favor of the cluster size setting. this simplifies the configuration.

We'll fix the documentation accordingly, thanks again,

1 Like

@networking_guy thanks again for this, we'll make sure to add you to the 6.0 Pioneer Programme for raising this :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for clarification. I would personally prefere it, if these settings would be available in an advanced section. If there are only a few hits on a geo location, there is less blure on the blue areas - with the defaults you are hardly unable to see the underlying map. And if there is only on hit (cardinality) on multiple geo locations you now missing the ones overlapping. This feels a like a huge limitation to me.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.