Kibana 6.1.2 Importing Month of February as January

Hi,

It's been a long morning trying to figure out why my latest data wasn't showing up in Kibana but I think I've figured out and believe this to be a bug. Kibana appears to be importing my custom date timestamp with January instead of February. It was working totally fine until today when I couldn't see any data. I checked my mappings, etc. and couldn't figure anything out until eventually happened to expand the time picker to include the beginning of the month of January and found my data being imported with the same time but the date as January 1st 2018 (so the month and day aren't switched or it would be Januarry 2nd). I can query elastic search and see the data in the correct format that matches my mapping. Any ideas? I can file a bug on this but want to make sure I'm not missing something dumb here.

Here's the relevant part of my mapping for my custom timestamp field "T" for my latest index from

T": {
            "type": "date",
            "format": "YYYY-MM-DD'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ||epoch_millis"
          },

And here's a search query on elasticsearch directly showing the filebeat @timestamp field and my custom timefield:

@timestamp": "2018-02-01T17:35:21.851Z",
"T": "2018-02-01T09:22:24.962-0700"

And here's what Kibana shows on discover:

@timestamp:February 1st 2018, 10:35:21.851
T:January 1st 2018, 09:22:24.962

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I filed a bug upstream, you can track at https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/issues/28484

Thanks!

As someone noted on the github issue, the problem was that DD in the mapping means day of the year and dd in the mapping means day of the month. Once I switched my mapping to use dd it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.