Kibana 6.1-Login is currently disabled. Administrators should consult the Kibana logs for more details

Hi everyone,
I installed for the first time the stack elk (version 6.1.0) on windows following the guide.

After running the x-pack installation I added the following line in the kibana.yml and elasticsearch.yml file: # xpack.security.enabled: false.
But when I open kibana the login form is disabled:
Cattura

and I get the following message:

log   [21:05:42.568] [warning][security] Generating a random key for xpack.sec
urity.encryptionKey. To prevent sessions from being invalidated on restart, plea
se set xpack.security.encryptionKey in kibana.yml
  log   [21:05:42.574] [warning][security] Session cookies will be transmitted o
ver insecure connections. This is not recommended.
  log   [21:05:42.606] [error][status][plugin:searchprofiler@6.1.0] Status chang
ed from uninitialized to red - [security_exception] missing authentication token
 for REST request [/_xpack], with { header={ WWW-Authenticate="Basic realm=\"sec
urity\" charset=\"UTF-8\"" } }
  log   [21:05:42.613] [error][status][plugin:ml@6.1.0] Status changed from unin
itialized to red - [security_exception] missing authentication token for REST re
quest [/_xpack], with { header={ WWW-Authenticate="Basic realm=\"security\" char
set=\"UTF-8\"" } }
  log   [21:05:42.698] [error][status][plugin:tilemap@6.1.0] Status changed from
 uninitialized to red - [security_exception] missing authentication token for RE
ST request [/_xpack], with { header={ WWW-Authenticate="Basic realm=\"security\"
 charset=\"UTF-8\"" } }
  log   [21:05:42.704] [error][status][plugin:watcher@6.1.0] Status changed from
 uninitialized to red - [security_exception] missing authentication token for RE
ST request [/_xpack], with { header={ WWW-Authenticate="Basic realm=\"security\"
 charset=\"UTF-8\"" } }
  log   [21:05:42.731] [info][status][plugin:grokdebugger@6.1.0] Status changed
from uninitialized to green - Ready
  log   [21:05:42.740] [info][status][plugin:dashboard_mode@6.1.0] Status change
d from uninitialized to green - Ready
  log   [21:05:42.744] [error][status][plugin:logstash@6.1.0] Status changed fro
m uninitialized to red - [security_exception] missing authentication token for R
EST request [/_xpack], with { header={ WWW-Authenticate="Basic realm=\"security\
" charset=\"UTF-8\"" } }
  log   [21:05:42.778] [info][status][plugin:apm@6.1.0] Status changed from unin
itialized to green - Ready
  log   [21:05:42.782] [info][status][plugin:license_management@6.1.0] Status ch
anged from uninitialized to green - Ready
  log   [21:05:42.791] [info][status][plugin:console@6.1.0] Status changed from
uninitialized to green - Ready
  log   [21:05:42.806] [info][status][plugin:metrics@6.1.0] Status changed from
  log   [21:05:43.887] [info][status][plugin:timelion@6.1.0] Status changed from
  log   [21:05:43.893] [info][listening] Server running at http://localhost:5601

log   [21:05:48.648] [warning][license][xpack] License information from the X-
Pack plugin could not be obtained from Elasticsearch for the [data] cluster. [se
curity_exception] missing authentication token for REST request [/_xpack], with
{ header={ WWW-Authenticate="Basic realm=\"security\" charset=\"UTF-8\"" } } ::
{"path":"/_xpack","statusCode":401,"response":"{\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"ty
pe\":\"security_exception\",\"reason\":\"missing authentication token for REST r
equest [/_xpack]\",\"header\":{\"WWW-Authenticate\":\"Basic realm=\\\"security\\
\" charset=\\\"UTF-8\\\"\"}}],\"type\":\"security_exception\",\"reason\":\"missi
ng authentication token for REST request [/_xpack]\",\"header\":{\"WWW-Authentic
ate\":\"Basic realm=\\\"security\\\" charset=\\\"UTF-8\\\"\"}},\"status\":401}",
"wwwAuthenticateDirective":"Basic realm=\"security\" charset=\"UTF-8\""}

can someone help me?

I would like to disable authentication via x-pack. What can I do?

It appears that authentication is still enabled on you Elasticsearch cluster.

Did you restart the cluster after you changed the configuration?

What does this command produce?

curl 'http://localhost:9200/'

Did you include that # in the configuration file?
That makes the whole line into a comment, so it achieves nothing. The config should be

xpack.security.enabled: false
1 Like

Hi Tim,
I forgot to remove # in the kibana.yml file, I removed it and after restarting the cluster, everything works correctly.

thank you so much

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.