Kibana 6.3.1 Optimizing and caching browser bundles hangs up

Hi,
i use ELK-Stack 6.3.1.
when i install some plugin like search-guard it hangs up, in 6.2.4 it works correctly

/global/zebra/elkstack/oem/kibana-6.3.1-linux-x86_64/bin/kibana-plugin install file:///global/zebra/elkstack/oem/kibana-6.3.1-linux-x86_64/searchguard-kibana.zip
Attempting to transfer from file:///global/zebra/elkstack/oem/kibana-6.3.1-linux-x86_64/searchguard-kibana.zip
Transferring 3122365 bytes....................
Transfer complete
Retrieving metadata from plugin archive
Extracting plugin archive
Extraction complete
Optimizing and caching browser bundles...

Regards
Günter

It can take a very long time I guess to this last step to happen.

Note that if it fails at the end or never succeed even after 1 hour, you'd better contact the author of this plugin.

thanks david!

Regards
Günter

Hi @dadoonet, as a plugin author, what's the best way to debug this situation? Is there a verbose mode for the optimisation process? What would you look into? Would appreciate any pointers to start debugging.

In my case, the customer has reported that:

• They manage to install my plugin only on freshly unzipped Kibana (the issue happens only after re-installing my plugin)

• They do not have any other plugin installed when this happen.

• They use linux.

• If they kill the process after 5 minutes, the plugin looks perfectly installed anyways. So whatever is hanging, it's hanging very late in the process.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.