Kibana 6.4.0 showing unexpected page

Hey all, I am running Kibana with elasticsearch 6.4. And suddenly I've started seeing this page:

Why is it getting shown in my default landing page and how to get rid of this?

If a plugin goes into the red status, the status page will be shown. The most common case for that is the elasticsearch plugin times out when communicating with the cluster. When it first redirects to this page, is any plugin red, if so, what is the status? There should also be something in the Kibana logs

Hey @tylersmalley thanks for quick response!
I looked into Kibana logs and found this :

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-05-03T06:48:58Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@6.4.0-SNAPSHOT","error"],"pid":1,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from green to red - Request Timeout after 3000ms","prevState":"green","prevMsg":"Ready"}
Is it because of the above error log?

Yup, that would do it. We're calling _nodes/info and it's taking more than 3 seconds to respond. This might be due to an increased ES or network load at this time, which should be addressed. But this timeout can also be increased.

This is set using the elasticsearch.requestTimeout option in the kibana.yml. My guess is this setting is already changed, as by default it's set to 30 seconds.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/6.4/settings.html

Thanks for the info @tylersmalley , But still, in logs I am getting 3000ms (haven't changed anything in kibana.yml for increasing this value yet). I don't think that the default is set to 30000ms . And one more thing.. My kibana is flooded with these logs :roll_eyes::

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-05-18T04:14:05Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@6.4.0-SNAPSHOT","info"],"pid":1,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from red to green - Ready","prevState":"red","prevMsg":"Request Timeout after 3000ms"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-05-18T04:14:18Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@6.4.0-SNAPSHOT","error"],"pid":1,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from green to red - Request Timeout after 3000ms","prevState":"green","prevMsg":"Ready"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-05-18T04:14:26Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@6.4.0-SNAPSHOT","info"],"pid":1,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from red to green - Ready","prevState":"red","prevMsg":"Request Timeout after 3000ms"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-05-18T04:14:37Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@6.4.0-SNAPSHOT","error"],"pid":1,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from green to red - Request Timeout after 3000ms","prevState":"green","prevMsg":"Ready"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-05-18T04:14:40Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@6.4.0-SNAPSHOT","info"],"pid":1,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from red to green - Ready","prevState":"red","prevMsg":"Request Timeout after 3000ms"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-05-18T04:14:51Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@6.4.0-SNAPSHOT","error"],"pid":1,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from green to red - Request Timeout after 3000ms","prevState":"green","prevMsg":"Ready"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-05-18T04:14:56Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@6.4.0-SNAPSHOT","info"],"pid":1,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from red to green - Ready","prevState":"red","prevMsg":"Request Timeout after 3000ms"}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.