Kibana 7.1.1 failing percentiles chart type

Hi,
Upgrading to 7.1.1 I discovered that percentiles visualization fails to generate right Chart Type.
it chooses a random of scatter or histogram and does not change when changing Chart type to Line.
Back in 5.6 it works fine. New or imported old ones fail equally.
Choosing other aggregation like max give a nice line curve.
Edit: average and max is fine. percentile and median fails..

Hi, if you are seeing something fail, then it sounds like a bug. Have you checked the Kibana issues at Issues · elastic/kibana · GitHub to see if there are related known problems being tracked? If you don't see one, it sounds worth filing as an issue.

I deleted your screenshot because it contained the URL of your company, which is better to be left out.

it chooses a random of scatter or histogram and does not change when changing Chart type to Line.

I'm not sure what this means because scatter isn't an option. Also, your screenshot showed Line as the selected option, so not sure what the "does not change" part means. I'd like to try to get more information to help understand this problem better, and we can do that here, or you can try to add more details in a bug in Issues · elastic/kibana · GitHub

Update, I pulled 7.1.1 and tried out what you describe about the Line chart / scatter effect. I see what you mean, and captured it in this gif:

You can use that gif in a bug if you wish to file one. Or, let me know if you prefer me to file a bug on it.

Hi,

Thanks for prompt and to the point reaction.
Your documentation is better than mine, so fine with me if you file the bug.

Cheers
Olav

Olav

Filed https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/43786

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.