[KIBANA] Customize the result of a metric in a Data Table Aggregation

Hello,

In my application, each action generates a series of logs. For example :

First suite of logs for the same value of data1/data2/data3 :

{data1: "val1", data2: "val2", data3: "val3", level: "INFO", level_value: 2000, message: "init ....", ....}
{data1: "val1", data2: "val2", data3: "val3", level: "INFO", level_value: 2000, message: "check....", ....}
{data1: "val1", data2: "val2", data3: "val3", level: "ERROR", level_value: 4000, message: "save....", ....}

Second suite of logs for the same value of data1/data2/data3 :

{data1: "val1", data2: "val22", data3: "val3", level: "WARN", level_value: 3000, message: "init ....", ....}
{data1: "val1", data2: "val22", data3: "val3", level: "INFO", level_value: 2000, message: "save....", ....}

In order to present in kibana the number of logs generated for the triplet data1/data2/data3, I created a data aggregation table (Aggregation based) :

• 3 Buckets Rows : data1, data2, data3
  • 1 Metrci : count that calculates the number of logs for this data triplet.

For example :

• First suite of logs : I have a line with 3 columns val1/val2/val3 and the metric which is 3
  • Second suite of logs : I have a line with 3 columns val1/val22/val3 and the metric which is 2

My objective :

I want to display in this aggregation table, a new information "Status Log" which indicates if a series of logs contain an error or not, based on the "level" and "level_value" data.

Example of expected result :

• First suite of logs : new column will display the text ERROR (because max(level_value) equals 4000)
  • Second suite of logs : new column will show text SUCCESS (because max(level_value) is different from 4000)

If I use this new column as a metric, the only function I can apply is MAX on the "level_value" field, but I can't introduce logic into the MAX metric like :

• If max(level.value) calculated is equal to 4000, then the metric displays "ERROR"
  • Else, it displays "SUCCESS"

Is there a way to do my need?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hello, unfortunately, I don't think it's possible with Visualize tools. You might try experiment with Vega though, but it's not trivial. Here's some examples: javascript - Custom label text in Vega chart - Stack Overflow
Conditional setting of values in VEGA (for gantt chart)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.