Kibana dashboard unaccessible

Hi,

I have xpack installed on ELasticSearch & Kibana .Both the application are up and running (sudo systmectl status kiabana.service & elasticsearch.service) shows active (running).

But I am not able to access my Kibana dashboard. Any pointers on where i can check the logs to see the error.Error being displayed on IE is not clear.

• Make sure the web address https://10.174.128.197:5601 is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Just FYI, Kibana dashboard was working fine previously but after I did reinstall I am facing this issue.

Hi,

The errors that you share are the generic message that IE shows when it can't access a page, nothing related to Kibana or Elasticsearch. It looks like Kibana is not running.
You will need to share a little more information with us in order to get some meaningful help:

• What Elasticsearch and Kibana version are you using?
  • What is your OS ?
  • Did this behavior start after installing X-Pack, or after reinstalling?
  • What did you reinstall? Elasticsearch? Kibana? X-Pack ? All ?

Also take a look at your logs ( in /var/log/elasticsearch and /var/log/kibana ), I assume that you will see enough errors there, share the relevant parts with us.

We are using ELKversion 5.1.2. xpack is installed on ElasticSearch and Kibana. When i ran "sudo systemctl status kibana.service" command ,it shows me status as "Active: active (running)"

but if i see kibana log file it shows me error like below:
{"type":"response","@timestamp":"2018-09-05T14:21:13Z","tags":[],"pid":21284,"method":"get","statusCode":302,"req":{"url":"/app/kibana","method":"get","headers":{"accept":"text/html, application/xhtml+xml, /","accept-language":"en-US","user-agent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko","accept-encoding":"gzip, deflate","host":"10.174.128.197:5601","connection":"Keep-Alive"},"remoteAddress":"100.94.228.211","userAgent":"100.94.228.211"},"res":{"statusCode":302,"responseTime":11,"contentLength":9},"message":"GET /app/kibana 302 11ms - 9.0B"}

To answer your question:

• We are using ELK version 5.1.2
  • Operating system is Linux
  • We have written bash script which installs ELK and after that installs xpack on Elasticsearch and kibana.I have resinstalled ELK & xpack multiple times to get rid of this problem but no luck

Luckily we managed to resolve the issue.Mistakenly entry was wrong in kibana.yml
elasticsearch.password: "test"
elasticsearch.password: "test123"

instead of password ,it should have been username.

Now we able to login to kibana but monitoring plugin is throwing error:
plugin:monitoring@5.1.2  Request Timeout after 3000ms

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.