Kibana - defining access to multi customers sharing same dashboard

I have 3 customers namely a,b,c.

Log format among the above three customers are same.
I have an index called customer-a, customer-b, customer-c in my elasticsearch and also created an alias index called customer-*.

Having mentioned, I have created visuals and dashboard(say home_dashboard) using customer-* index.

So now, I am able to view all three customers data(since i used customer-* index) in visuals and dashboard(home_dashboard).
Now, all three customers want to see and analyze their data.

I can create a user with view dashboard only access and assign access only to their index.

For ex., User a is created (for customer a) and is given access only to customer-a index and view access to dashboard(home_dashboard).

Though index are different how do I make sure customer a,b,c view only their data and not other customers data? (all customers share the same home_dashboard template)

Hey @Kathir_J, you'll want to create separate roles that provide access to different indices. If you create a role which grants access to only index customer-a, you can then assign that role to only the users of customer a. The "index pattern" that you create in Kibana can still reference customer-* and the dashboards can be built against this same index, but when the customer's users access it they'll be limited to their subset of data.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.