Kibana Discover Json

Hi,
On discover tab i have created columns using the toggle column in table functionality.Now on clicking on a specific row at the leftmost side i am getting a dropdown kind of thing which is giving me the entire data for that particular record in two ways table or json.So in the json i am getting certain default fields apart from my loaded json fields.How can i remove those default fields for a particular saved search.

Hello,
The best way to do this is to use Source Filterning from the Management -> Index Patterns -> Source Filters. Setting a source filter will limit the fields that are returned in the requests from Elasticsearch so you'll only get the fields that you want. in the JSON.

Hi @Marius_Dragomir
Can you please help me with the syntax like what changes i will have to do while setting a source filter.

just type the name of the fields that you don't want displayed and then click on Add. It will be added to the list and excluded from results.

Hi, @Marius_Dragomir
Actually alongwith the source fields i wish to remove _index,_type and similar fields which were auto created by kibana. Is there a way to achieve that?

Those are fields used internally by Elasticsearch, but you should be able to filter them as well using the source filters.

Yes i disabled the metafields from settings so now i am not getting them in the table but at json i am getting those.While adding _index and similar fields in source filters i am getting "The source filter doesn't match any known fields"

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.