Kibana does't show all data from daily indices

Hi,

My kibana has a strange behavior, when I select a Last 24h on the Discovery tab to see data from two days, sometimes kibana only shows data from one day.

But if I select, e.g. Last 12h, I can visualize data from the current day.

And if a select the Last 24h with a filter, kibana shows data from both days.

Someone can help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Luís Carvalho

I would first check if your current days index has data in it.

I usually use a plugin like "Head" to see how many documents in the index there are. Though I guess you could use the Kibana Plugin Sense to issue the queries too.

or even use a nodejs app I wrote

Since Kibana is not returning an error, I would presume it is a problem with the data

Thank you for your help,

I check the current days index, and has data in it. With a curl command I query elasticsearch to give me data from a range of 23h55 and 0h05 and I get data from that period (two days).

The indices have the same index template.

Can be a data volume problem?

are you using the default "@Timestamp" on your index settings (Kibana->settings->indecies) or are you using a custom time field?

You could be timing out, I do see this occasionally, It could be between your browser and Kibana or kibana and ELK (this would error)

My guess is your Browser is timing out or if your using a proxy server (Open up your Developer console ) and look at the requests getting issued the "ajax" query could be timeing out.

I had this issue with Apache where the Reverse proxy was set to "30 seconds" and querying 121M records took longer then that)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.