Only search index for results in a selected time range

Hello,

I have been using kibana for several days now and ran into the following problem:

Everything is working perfectly fine as long as I only store data from the last few days. I have to mention that I am collecting a huge amount of data everyday, I am speaking of 40 to 50 GB per day.

Now, after a few days, Kibana started to have Timeouts and the Elasticsearch plugin crashed everytime I tried to open a dashboard, causing a Status Red. I deleted indexes older than 3 days and everything worked again. But about a week later, I stumbled across the same problem - again, I deleted my old indexes and Kibana is running again.

However, this is not a solution since this way, I can't access data older than a few days. Could it be that Kibana always searches all the indexes for results when I refresh a dashboard, and not just the data collected in the selected timerange?

Thank you in advance!

Are you using daily indices? If so, how many indexes and shards do you have per day?

One Index per day and only one share.

What is the specification of the cluster with respect to node count, CPU, RAM and type of storage? Which version of Elasticsearch are you using?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.