My goal is to be alerted for unique error types only (Elasticsearch 6.8 + Elastalert).
Example error logs (5 documents, same index, same field):
- Error 9837 in Component X trying to reconnect in 9.3 seconds
- Error 9837 in Component X trying to reconnect in 8.7 seconds
- Attempt to connect to 19.324.21.234 failed
- 2021/01/01 08:51:54.203 Errno 111 tensorflow/stream_executor...
- 2021/01/01 08:52:76.009 Errno 111 tensorflow/stream_executor...
query_key from Elastalert I can make sure to be alerted for unique error messages only. The error messages above are all unique and therefore I will receive 5 alerts. However I only want to receive 3 alerts, one per error type .
Elastalert allows you to write regular queries with Elasticsearch's Query DSL.
Is there a way to write a query which filters out documents if a specific field is 100% - 90% similiar to other documents?
I suspect there might be a totally different solution to this. If there are better ways to handle alerting or some best practices, feel free to share them.