Kibana error randomly

Hi,

I am upgrading Kibana from 6.0 to 7.2.1, and it works fine after upgraded, but i found it often shutdown randomly with below error, do you have any idea?

events.js:174
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
      ^

Error: read ECONNRESET
    at TCP.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:111:27)
Emitted 'error' event at:
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:82:8)
    at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:50:3)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)

Hello,

Connection resets (ECONNRESET) might happen for several reasons. Node throws this error when the other side of the TCP conversation abruptly closed its end of the connection. This error log provided is not useful on its own to understand what is happening.

It might be the connection to elasticsearch getting dropped, it might be nodeJS itself erroring out or the container you are running kibana from dropping connections or timing out sockets.

It might be worth collecting other logs to understand what is happening here. You could look at the API server logs to see if it complains about something.

1 Like

hi @Bamieh

During the kibana downtime, i can call localhost:9200 to get elasticsearch server status, and my kibana does not run in docker container.

Btw, may you advise where can I get the API server logs?

Btw, may you advise where can I get the API server logs?

logging.verbose: true - Set to true to log all events, including system usage information and all requests.
elasticsearch.logQueries: true - Log queries sent to Elasticsearch. Requires logging.verbose set to true. This is useful for seeing the query DSL generated by applications that currently do not have an inspector, for example Timelion and Monitoring.

hi @Mikhail_Shustov

both above two config are set up in kibana.yml?

both above two config are set up in kibana.yml?

yes

Thanks, let me try it and wait for the error happen again.

hi @Mikhail_Shustov

after i added above two config in kibana.yml, i found the logs like below pic, can you help advise?

PS: when i use kibana 6.0 which directly installed in my pc, the issue does not happen before. After i upgraded to 7.2.1, it happens. Are there anythings i missed during the upgrade?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.