Kibana Gone RED from Elastic over indexing or something?

First of all, I'm very new with this kibana and Elastic Search. I'm using it to be search optimization for HPE CM as a search module. And there's a problem that kibana gone RED and freezed.

Now the kibana's status is freezed and unable to config or check any other information but this dashboard.

We guess the issue may from creating too many index for testing the program. So how can I attached some log and screen shot for investigation ?

Sounds like you are having a problem with Elasticsearch. Is there anything in the Elasticsearch logs? Can you get the output from the cluster health API? How much RAM and heap does your Elasticsearch nodes have? How many indices/shards did you try to create?

Ok, About that as I mentioned ,I'm very new to this.

1. I would like to know how can i get out put from Clust ter health API. ( I cant access the server myself because of the customer's security. I have to send the instruction or how to get it to infrastructure team.

2. I thinks, there's no problems with HEAP SIZE , Because ever checked it before.

Thanks

To get the stats, use the API I provided a link to. If you need to request information, it may be useful to ask for the output of the cluster stats API as well. You can retrieve this information via Elasticsearch HTTP interface, e.g. using curl.

1 Like

Yeah, I got that you need the cluster stats information. But I still don't know how to apply this "curl -X GET "localhost:9200/_cluster/stats?human&pretty" for getting the stat info.

Now the infrastructure team send me as attached , it that help ?

That looks fine. The cluster is yellow as you only have one node and can not allocate replicas.

1 Like

Do we need further information for investigation ? If don't , what's the root cause and how to fix this ?

sorry for many question ,but i'm too new about this.

Thanks a lot.

You could look in the Elasticsearch logs and see if there is any clue as to what happened there.

1 Like

I got some log from infra team as following. And you still need the stat or not ? Please tell me , what else do you need to solve this out.

• The following log from "delasticsearch.log"

[2018-08-15T00:14:12,048][INFO ][o.e.m.j.JvmGcMonitorService] [BOTDRM2-AP3-D1] [gc][2589407] overhead, spent [272ms] collecting in the last [1s]

[2018-08-15T18:29:37,118][DEBUG][o.e.a.s.TransportSearchAction] [BOTDRM2-AP3-D1] [hpecm_dttest][0], node[ZatldygGQ8iXzf5LF7ZbDA], [P], s[STARTED], a[id=OVW9U8cTR3KE2shFYgtYkQ]: Failed to execute [SearchRequest{searchType=QUERY_THEN_FETCH, indices=[hpecm_dttest], indicesOptions=IndicesOptions[id=38, ignore_unavailable=false, allow_no_indices=true, expand_wildcards_open=true, expand_wildcards_closed=false, allow_alisases_to_multiple_indices=true, forbid_closed_indices=true], types=[record], routing='null', preference='null', requestCache=null, scroll=null, maxConcurrentShardRequests=5, batchedReduceSize=512, preFilterShardSize=128, source={

"from" : 9945,

"size" : 255,

"query" : {

"query_string" : {

"query" : "ธปท",

"fields" : [

"Title^1.0"

],

"use_dis_max" : true,

"tie_breaker" : 0.0,

"default_operator" : "and",

"auto_generate_phrase_queries" : false,

"max_determinized_states" : 10000,

"enable_position_increments" : true,

"fuzziness" : "AUTO",

"fuzzy_prefix_length" : 0,

"fuzzy_max_expansions" : 50,

"phrase_slop" : 0,

"analyze_wildcard" : true,

"escape" : false,

"split_on_whitespace" : true,

"boost" : 1.0

}

},

"stored_fields" : "_id",

"sort" : [

{

"uri" : {

"order" : "asc"

}

}

]

}}] lastShard [true]

org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException: [BOTDRM2-AP3-D1][172.29.58.98:9300][indices:data/read/search[phase/query]]

Caused by: org.elasticsearch.search.query.QueryPhaseExecutionException: Result window is too large, from + size must be less than or equal to: [10000] but was [10200]. See the scroll api for a more efficient way to request large data sets. This limit can be set by changing the [index.max_result_window] index level setting.

at org.elasticsearch.search.DefaultSearchContext.preProcess(DefaultSearchContext.java:203) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at org.elasticsearch.search.query.QueryPhase.preProcess(QueryPhase.java:95) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.createContext(SearchService.java:497) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.createAndPutContext(SearchService.java:461) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.executeQueryPhase(SearchService.java:257) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchTransportService$6.messageReceived(SearchTransportService.java:343) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchTransportService$6.messageReceived(SearchTransportService.java:340) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at org.elasticsearch.transport.RequestHandlerRegistry.processMessageReceived(RequestHandlerRegistry.java:69) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$7.doRun(TransportService.java:644) [elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingAbstractRunnable.doRun(ThreadContext.java:638) [elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37) [elasticsearch-5.6.3.jar:5.6.3]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_162]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_162]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_162]

Please Help

I do not se anything in there that would necessarily explain why the cluster went red.

Now we already restart whole service and server. And the status still RED.

So what we have to do now and after.

Thanks

More update. Now elastic is available now. ( Yellow ) . From restart the elastic . But Kibana still red.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.