Kibana index name pattern

Hello,

I am facing a challenge with the Kibana 5.6.13 version installed in the openshift environment.

When a user creates kibana visualizations and dashboards, I have observed that the meta data is going to elastic search index something like ".kibana.d2a32182b19fbd008368b23ae8a5068f0302d365". Can I know how this id after ".kibana." is getting created?

I observed that this id is something related to the username. I have created the same username in multiple environments and observed that the id is same for this username in all environments.

My objective is to copy these metadata from one user to another user using a script(with curl commands). In openshift environment I am unable to share the same dashboard between multiple users and so I am trying this automation approach.

Thanks,
Miji

Hi! Thanks for posting.

You'll have to give some more information about what you are seeing. It's hard to know what you mean by "meta data."

I observed that this id is something related to the username. I have created the same username in multiple environments and observed that the id is same for this username in all environments.

Unfortunately, your finding here isn't correct: usernames only apply when Kibana is running with the commercial Security plugin enabled, which is not a requirement of Kibana.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.