Kibana Keystore

Hi,

I created a keystore in kibana to store the credentials for connecting kibana to ElasticSearch.

But I received the error when restart the Kibana. Anyone encountered and how to resolved this?

log [05:08:57.786] [fatal] "elasticsearch_password" setting was not applied. Check for spelling errors and ensure that expected plugins are installed and enabled.
FATAL "elasticsearch_password" setting was not applied. Check for spelling errors and ensure that expected plugins are installed and enabled.

1 Like

can you provide more details on the steps you took ?

i guess you tried to follow this: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/secure-settings.html ?

yes. Step by step follow that link.

This is how my kibana.yml config file looks like:
# If your Elasticsearch is protected with basic authentication, these settings provide
# the username and password that the Kibana server uses to perform maintenance on the Kibana
# index at startup. Your Kibana users still need to authenticate with Elasticsearch, which
# is proxied through the Kibana server.
elasticsearch.username: "kibana"
elasticsearch.password: ${ES_PWD}

but when I restart the kibana, I received error:
log [04:07:50.215] [fatal] "ES_PWD" setting was not applied. Check for spelling errors and ensure that expected plugins are installed and enabled.
FATAL "ES_PWD" setting was not applied. Check for spelling errors and ensure that expected plugins are installed and enabled.

Pls help?

okay, managed to get it work.

The name of the key in the keystore has to be the same as in the kibana.yml

like this:
elasticsearch.password: ${elasticsearch.password}

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.