Kibana NPM

Hi ,

I have downloaded the kibana latest version " kibana-5.6.5-linux-x86_64.tar.gz " for linux machine .
Where when i untar in the windows i am not able to see the node/bin/npm does not have the data inside the npm file

But when untar the kibana-5.6.5-linux-x86_64.tar.gz i am able to see the data

Any reason for that

Note: the latest version of Kibana is 6.2.2, and for 5.x the latest version is 5.6.8

If you're just trying to run Kibana in linux, I'd suggest looking up the documentation on downloading, installing and running:

Keep reading for the details about configuring and accessing Kibana.

Hi ,

Thank you for reply :slight_smile:
Yesterday i have verified the in the Linux Machine .when i untar the kibana5.6.5 and 6.2.1 for linux package using maven plugin "unpack " as a goal .
when i check the kibana.tar.gz file in the .m2 repo when i untar it and node/bin/npm consists the data(script).
where in my maven project in the target file it is untared with the plugin i have followed the below link

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/usage.html

when i check inside the file node/bin/npm it shows empty

any reason or suggestions

Kibana is not a Maven project. The only way to get it running would be to read the documentation that I linked you to

Thanks for the information :slight_smile:
But i made it as an maven project where because i am using some of the kibana plugins in the pom

Kibana comes with its own plugin installer. Once the archive is unpacked, it's available in ./bin/kibana-plugin

./bin/kibana-plugin 

Usage: bin/kibana-plugin [command] [options]

The Kibana plugin manager enables you to install and remove plugins that provide additional functionality to Kibana

Commands:
    list  [options]                 list installed plugins
    install  [options] <plugin/url> install a plugin
    remove  [options] <plugin>      remove a plugin
    help  <command>                 get the help for a specific command

The plugin installer handles things like packing the frontend dependencies into a usable bundle.

If you're trying to install plugins some other way, there's pretty much no way that can be supported; meaning you would be on your own.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.