Kibana removing fields from index pattern

Hello.

During the test, I created a lot of fields that are now irrelevant and interfere with the search.
Can I delete fields that I don't need?

Kibana index pattern fetches fields from the mapping of your indices. The only exceptions are runtime fields and scripted fields, which you can delete from the index management console directly. For every other field created from an Elasticsearch index, you will need to update your mapping and re-index the data. Then you can refresh the index pattern from the management console. This should then remove the fields from the index pattern as well.

1 Like

Newer versions of Kibana will auto-refresh fields as well, so there's no refresh button :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer.
I am trying to remove a field using a command in kibana dev tools, but it doesn't work. Tell me, what am I doing wrong?

POST mdaemon_smtp_combine-out-2021.11.10/_update_by_query
{
"script": "ctx._source.remove('mail_from1')",
"query": {
"bool": {
"must": [
{
"exists": {
"field": "mail_from1"
}
}
]
}
}
}

The request succeeded, so nothing's wrong. The warning above is unrelated, it's due to your cluster not having authentication enabled.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.