Kibana Report - !Just once! - Eliminating Duplicates

New User Here!
I generate a report on Kibana that contains numerous users that login to a mobile application for 1 of 2 roles. I need to track the users that login for both roles to generate a report for the past 30 days. If users do not login in 30 days, their login status lapses.

The report generates multiple listings of the same user and the (count) number of times they logged in.

Can anyone suggest how I can eliminate duplicate listings of the same user? I need their user name listed just once!

Would be eternally grateful for your help and suggestions. Thanks so, so much!

Hey @rac are you using a Data-Table to visualization this information, and would you be able to share what your current Visualization looks like to illustrate it's deficiencies.

Here’s a screen shot of the report – visualization. I don’t think I can provide a snap shot of my computer as it contains names of Associates etc, but I replicated what I’m seeing. You’ll see duplicate listings of the same users and the count of logins. So, I’m trying to figure out how to generate a report that lists each user logged in a certain time period just once. I’ve played with the selections to the left but I can’t seem to eliminate the multiple listings. I appreciate your help. Thanks so much!

[/uploads/default/original/3X/d/8/d835644254524d2d7f27099654e84c5f3a160e03.jpg]            [/uploads/default/original/3X/f/c/fcba6cd30935d30a75d951968fc7762bf30a03ac.jpg]

Roslyn Chao | Learning Coordinator CLE5
e: chaor@amazon.commailto:chaor@amazon.com p: 330.486.2824

Hey @rac, unfortunately this isn't possible with Kibana currently and would require a bucket script aggregation which we have an Enhancement Request for here if you wouldn't mind commenting on that issue with your usage, or giving it a "+ 1" it'll help us prioritize it appropriately.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.