Questions about Visualize Library reports

I am trying to use Visualize Library reports in Elastic Cloud to create reports/dashboards. However, there are two things I need to do that I cannot figure out how to do:
1 - is remove duplicate entries from my data (before I make the report)
2 - there is a column in my data that I want in my report but when I go to create the report in Visualize Reports, that column does not appear as an option. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello ezaidepc, welcome to our community!

1- It would be better to remove the duplicate data before indexing it. However, if for some reason the data source needs to send the same document to Elasticsearch multiple times, in order to find and remove these duplicate data before generating the report, you can try using Logstash or using custom code. This blog post may be helpful.

2- Regarding the column that does not appear as an option for the report. Does the data appear in your dashboards/visualizations? Kibana requires a data view to access the Elasticsearch data that you want to explore. Please check if you have created a data view pointing to the index that contains the data.

Thank you for the response. We have seen that exact page on how to remove duplicates, however, we are using the free elastic cloud version. We are only using this for a few more days to complete a college project, so we have no idea what we are doing. In fact, we are currently trying to figure out if we have to perform one of the installations or not. we are having a debate as to if the elastic cloud version is suitable to replicate some report dashboards we previously created in splunk... we have no idea.

You’re welcome.

Considering it's for a project I imagine you have access to the data source, so I would remove the duplicate data before indexing it. But, you can definitely use Logstash with Elastic Cloud.

Here is the documentation for creating reports if needed.

Note: For Elastic Cloud deployments, Kibana instances require a minimum of 2GB RAM to generate PDF or PNG reports.

And here you can read more about creating a data view.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.