Kibana Security Exception

I'm running Kibana 5.0.0 from homebrew on Mac OS. I've installed x-pack for both elastic search and Kibana. I've installed the geoip plugin for elasticsearch and created a new user with all rights to a single index.

When logged in as kibana I go to Discover and see the following error at the top:

Discover: [security_exception] action [indices:data/read/msearch] is unauthorized for user [kibana]

If I log in as my new single index admin I just get the side nav and blank pages.

What have I done wrong / What do I need to do. I've tried adding a role to kibana, but that's not allowed. Is there another, more authorized user I should be logging in as?

It sounds like you're trying to log in using the kibana user. This is incorrect. For more information on how to set up the user configuration for x-pack, visit here.

Instead of the kibana user, you should be using the elastic user described in that guide.

Thank Jim - I'm in now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.