KIbana Session timout (v7.14.0)

Kibana 7.14.0 latest update ends in session timeout every 5 minutes and its really annoying to work with.

Didnot face this issue with previous versions. Very hard when we are monitoring something on large scale.

Hello,

Can you please check if you have set xpack.security.session.idleTimeout: in your kibana.yml?

How are you running your stack? on cloud or on prem?

cc @jportner

Thanks
Bhavya

Hi,

Have not set idleTimeout configuration in kibana.yml. We are running in elastic cloud.

Regards,
Varun

Ok I have my cloud instance up and running and will buzz you back.

Thanks
Bhavya

I cannot reproduce it in my cloud production at all. I have asked our security team to take a look at it. Is there anything special at all in your config?

Thanks
Bhavya

Varun,

Can you please open a elastic support ticket? It will be easier for us to get your logs and other details.

Thanks
Bhavya

We only have kibana.autocompleteTimeout in our kibana config and not idleTimeout. Also I will raise a support ticket from my end.

Thanks,
Varun

Great thanks. What is the value you have set for autoComplete? And the parameter?

The value that I found in the kibana.yaml is set as kibana.autocompleteTimeout: 99999

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.