Kibana slow and sluggish when connecting via GCP tcp loadbalancer to ES

Hi,

I'm in the phase of upgrading, or better replacing my old *beats 7.x cluster with a currently 8.12.2 cluster setup in GCP.
In my test setup, I have GCP tcp load balancer in front of the ES cluster nodes with a public IP, so that agents can send their data. Kibana instances are on separate nodes, so I configured them as well to connect to the ES cluster via the GCP load balancer in front of it using the DNS name, as that is quite stable.

After first startup of cluster, and in Kibana, etc. all looked kind of great, also rolling out fleet server, and first few agents. But then I recognized, that on nearly every page in Kibana, the circle in the top left was spinning more or less constantly, and that I got a number of errors that requests failed, time out, etc. However, at those times the Kibana nodes, as well as ES nodes were mostly idle. I mostly recognized the issue when trying to open the Cluster Monitoring page. It more or less never made it to show the usual monitoring data. Kibana logs didn't gave much hints, only that task manager degraded from time to time, but came back, and saw some time outs, so I had an idea that there must be something odd between Kibana and ES.

Between hair pulling and banging head against the wall, I tried a lot, before I took the GCP load balancer out of the equation.
So I changed the Kibana configuration from pointing to the DNS name of the GCP load balancer, to point to a number of ES cluster nodes directly.
After restarting of Kibana, everything went smoothly the interface became much snappier than before, and even the Stack Monitoring page more or less immediately showed me the data I wanted to see.

Is that expected to have Load balancers between Kibana and ES causing trouble, generally a bad idea? Before I created that setup, and even now that I know that the load balancer was the cause of my frustration, I was and still am unable to find something on the web, that would tell my why that might be a bad idea.

Is that known, does that ring a bell for anyone? As I now found a solution to my problem, it's more out of curiosity, and having it here, for whoever may have the same "great idea" like I had.

Sebastian