Kibana to run locally

Hi,

I want to make some changes inside src folder of kibana.
How can i make it to run locally? eg npm start dev??

C02NV9EGG3QC:kibana_latest ushenoy$ npm start

kibana@6.0.0-alpha1 start /Users//Downloads/Dashboard Project/kibana/kibana_latest
sh ./bin/kibana --dev

/usr/local/bin/node: bad option: --no-warnings

npm ERR! Darwin 15.5.0
npm ERR! argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "start"
npm ERR! node v4.5.0
npm ERR! npm v2.15.9
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! kibana@6.0.0-alpha1 start: sh ./bin/kibana --dev
npm ERR! Exit status 9
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the kibana@6.0.0-alpha1 start script 'sh ./bin/kibana --dev'.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the kibana package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! sh ./bin/kibana --dev
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR! npm bugs kibana
npm ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR!
npm ERR! npm owner ls kibana
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /Users/Downloads/Dashboard Project/kibana/kibana_latest/npm-debug.log

I think it depends on the changes you're making in src and on how you "installed" Kibana.

If you downloaded a build, either the tar.gz or installed a .deb .or .rpm package, for some changes, you can make some changes and just start Kibana like this;

/usr/share/kibana# ./bin/kibana

For some other more extensive changes you will have to get all the source from https://github.com/elastic/kibana and get your development environment configured (see the README.md in the Kibana repo).

I did download, but seems like it requires
"erver log [20:00:52.754] [error][status][plugin:elasticsearch@6.0.0-alpha1] Status changed from yellow to red - This version of Kibana requires Elasticsearch v6.0.0-alpha1 on all nodes. I found the following incompatible nodes in your cluster: v5.2.0 @ 127.0.0.1:9200 (127.0.0.1)"

I am not able to find Elasticsearch v6.0.0

In the Kibana github repository, the default branch is "master" which is where work that will be in the 6.0 release goes.
If you want to test code changes compatible with your 5.2.0 Elasticsearch you would need to switch to the 5.2 branch of the Kibana repo.

Or, also download and run Elasticsearch from github "master" branch, which is also labeled 6.0.0-alpha1. They have to match.

I downloaded Elasticsearch from github "master" branch, but there is no bin/elasticSearch script. In fact there is no bin folder at all. Please help

I don't see bin folder to run bin/elasticsearch. FYI

Elasticsearch is a Java project, so you'll have to build it with gradle. There's some info on how to do that here;

Regards,
Lee

Done. Thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.