Kibana User Session data in query

I have a question that I’m having trouble finding the answer to elsewhere.

I would like to create dashboards that customize the data based on the specific user logged in. To do so, I need to provide the logged-in user’s name/id to the underlying search query the dashboard is running.

How do I go about doing this?

Hi there,

what do you mean with customized data? Different fields of the same documents or totally different documents?

Anyway, if you want to somehow have a way to differentiate what a given user (or better role) can see, buying the xpack license you'll unlock the access to specific fields or read access to specific documents.

I have xpack, but the role constraints don't help. I don't want to create a role per user. I need to join the data in my index to only return documents matching the current user logged in.

e.g something like - document.user : $currentSessionUser

Mhmh I don't think you can do that, to be honest.

Anyway, if you have the xpack you can ask the Support and be sure of it.

Thanks @Fabio,
If you have any support link please provide me. where i can get help and ask question.

If you have a valid xpack license you should be able to access this and proceed with the support request.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.