Lens - No results found

Hello,

So I made a bar vertically stacked graph, when there's data it populates the graph based on the time interval.

This is expected behavior.

The problem is if there's no data then it shows "no results found", this is expected but is there a way to just show an empty graph?

The reason for this is seeing "No results found" make it seem like something is wrong with the data ingestion.

Try to change data range, top-right corner.

Hey @Rios , yeah I understand data would show when you change it the time range to extend when it did capture data.
For example,

The expected behavior:
'last 24 hours' there is no data, the graph displays the first image.
if I extend it to 'last 7 days', data will appear.

What I want:
In the 'last 24 hours' although theres no data, I want to see an empty graph like the second image,

Hi @erikg

I don't the behavior you are looking for is supported.

If there is no data for that time range the No Results Found is the default behavior... And quite literally accurate:)

Not sure about a workaround

thanks @stephenb for confirming,

I think the default behavior doesn't help with the presentation of the dashboard.
"No Results Found" can be vague, our users believe it looks like something is broken. If there's no data, why not just show an empty graph?

Thanks,
Erik

Hi @erikg

I am not necessarily disagreeing, I am just stating why and how it is currently designed.

Please absolutely open a Feature Request / Issue on the Kibana github repo perhaps it is something the team will take up.

1 Like

my bad, I get a little too passionate.
Here's my github request, for anyone
[Lens] Improve "No Results Found" Line/Bar/Area Graphs · Issue #177100 · elastic/kibana (github.com)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.