Line chart is not working with Split Series with Y axis in percentage mode

I would like to visualize this graph x-axis as percentage and y-axis as latency with an interval of 100 but the plot is coming in a straight line

Please help me to resolve the problem

It looks like you have specified "Split Series" instead of what you would like the X-Axis to be. Try this:

• Click the red "X" to the right of the "Split Series" panel
  • Click "X-Axis" under the "Buckets" options
  • Specify how you would like to calculate the x-axis data

Thanks for your reply. I have attached my intended graph but I would like to have y-axis in percentage mode.

When I changed to the y-axis in percentage mode but I get this graph as you instructed and it doesn't help me.

I'm looking forward to your answers.

Hi there,

If you're using "percentage" mode with a single series, it will always be 100% because it is graphing each series as a % of the whole.

If you just want to know what each series is as a % of the whole, I think what you may want is to set Y-Axis to use the "Count" aggregation instead of "Cumulative Sum" and then use percentage mode. You'll need to add back the "Split Series" again by clicking on the "Add sub-buckets" button.

When looking at latency distributions, it's often useful to use histograms and percentiles rather than % of the whole. My favorite view is a histogram which gives you a holistic view of how the system is performing. You can create this with a "Count" Y-Axis and a "Histogram" X-Axis on the latency field.

Here are some posts from our blog about visualizing this type of information:

Hi joshdover,

Thank you so much for your reply. Solution which you provided is not working.

I'm looking forward to your answer.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.