Link Controls with Datatable

Hi
I'm using Kibana 7.4.2 and on my dashboard I'd like to have a Drop down(controls) and a data table associated to an index
I've created the following visualizations:

• Dropdowns(controls) and a
  • Datatable

What I'm struggling is to link the values selected in the list controls with what appears in the Data Table. Would this be possible?

e.g. say I have the following drop down controls
Environment(Linux, Windows)
Machines(hostnames)

Datatable (has a list of files greater than 20GB)
File Size

If I have Linux and selected hostname - win1 I see files which are over 20GB in the data table

Thanks for any pointers and guidance.

I'm not sure I'm fully following your question:

Input controls are basically a way of applying filters from a panel in a dashboard, so the filters applied there should definitely update your datatable visualization (assuming you haven't also saved other filters inside your datatable visualization itself).

Perhaps if you posted a screengrab or a sample document that isn't filtering as expected, we might be able to help troubleshoot further?

Hello Rahul,

So input controls (drop downs) can be used as a filter on dashboards. I am not sure which version of the stack you are in. But in the later releases of Kibana (our latest is 7.9.2) - you can install sample data and if you look at flights dashboard - the selection of values - acts as filters on whole of your dashboard as long as they belong to the same data set.

Does that help?

Thanks,
Bhavya

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.