Mapping in index changes when data added


(Adam Fleming) #1

Hi -

I've recently come across a problem that's got me a little perplexed.

I've got a script which deletes and then creates an index with an explict mapping which includes an explicit date field with a variety of different formats:

{
    'type': 'date',
    'format': "epoch_millis||yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ssZ||MMM dd, yyyy HH:mm:ss||MMM dd, yyyy hh:mm:ss aa||yyyy-MM-dd||yyyy||MM||dd"
}

I verify that the index has been created properly in Kibana and also in the AWS console.
I then submit a few thousand records.
The field is now mapped to a string in the index and Kibana no longer recognises it - nor do any of the grafana dashboards which pull that data.
???!?

I've checked that none of the data that's being submitted contains fields that cannot be parsed according to the format specifier I've used for the field.

Im using ES 5.3.2 on AWS Elasticsearch Service.
My script is using the python elasticsearch client.

I've tried the same thing on a local 5.3.2 install of ES - and don't see the same behaviour.
I've also tried it on a 5.6 install and again, don't see the same behaviour.

Before I delete and recreate the domain (which I can fotunately do as this is a dev environment) I'd like to know if I've done something stupid.

Cheers,

Adam.


(system) #2

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.