Marvel 2.0 not showing index stats on Indices overview page

Just trying out ES 2.0 (and hence Marvel 2.0).

We've got the new Marvel UI up and running on a 3 node cluster, but the Indices tab on the Marvel page is showing 0 next to the Document Count, Data, Index Rate and Search Rate columns for all of the indexes.

GET _cat/indices reports the correct stats, so the data is there.

Any ideas?

Hi Sam,

What versions of ES, Kibana, and Marvel are you running? It's possible that a mismatch in there could be an issue.

If it's possible for you to upgrade to ES/Shield 2.1.1 and Kibana 4.3.1, there are a number of other bug fixes you would pick up as well, which is a good idea.

Thanks,
Steve

I'm on ES 2.1.1 and Kibana 4.3.1. unfortunately. Marvel was installed via the plugin mechanism. The agent is version 2.1.1, not sure how to confirm the Kibana plugin version number.

If you look at kibana-version/installedPlugins/marvel/package.json what is listed in name and version? Something like this:

"name": "marvel",                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
 "version": "2.1.1",                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
 "repository": {                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
  "type": "git",                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
  "url": "http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-marvel.git"
 }

I would check the elasticsearch log files to see if the marvel agent is having any issue collecting or storing this data.

Yes, it is 2.1.1.

It seems to be working now - the only difference I can see is that the marvel-agent was not installed on all nodes in the cluster previously. I'm pretty sure it was installed on all the DATA nodes however, so they should have had all the data for the index stats.

Indices stats are collected by the master node, so if marvel-agent was not installed on the master node these information were not collected.

OK, cheers, that answers that question then :slight_smile:

You're welcome :slight_smile: