Marvel-2.1.1 shows empty page

monitoring

(nivetha) #1

Hi , I installed elasticsearch-2.1.1 and it works fine.
I followed the procedure to install marvell-2.1.1 offline and successfully done.
Now when I open my marvel plugin with below URL its shows an empty page
http://:9200/_plugin/marvel/sense/index.html

Please help me out...


(David Pilato) #2

Which procedure did you follow?


(nivetha) #3

To install Marvel on a machine that doesn’t have Internet access:

Manually download the License and Marvel binaries:

https://download.elastic.co/elasticsearch/release/org/elasticsearch/plugin/license/2.1.1/license-2.1.1.zip
https://download.elastic.co/elasticsearch/release/org/elasticsearch/plugin/marvel-agent/2.1.1/marvel-agent-2.1.1.zip
https://download.elasticsearch.org/elasticsearch/marvel/marvel-2.1.1.tar.gz
Transfer the archive files to the offline machine.
Specify the archive files when you run bin/plugin and bin/kibana. For example:

bin/plugin install file:///path/to/file/license-2.1.0.zip
bin/plugin install file:///path/to/file/marvel-agent-2.1.0.zip
bin/kibana plugin --install marvel --url file:///path/to/file/marvel-2.1.0.tar.gz


(Tin Le) #4

I am seeing similar, e.g. my marvel page shows blank. Except I installed from internet.

ES v2.1.1
LS v2.1.1
Kibana4 v4.3.1

Using browser devel tool, I see that Kibana does not like the data returned from /api/marvel/v1/clusters

This is what I see in the console.

Error: [$resource:badcfg] Error in resource configuration for actionquery. Expected response to contain an array but got an object (Request: GET /api/marvel/v1/clusters) http://errors.angularjs.org/1.4.7/$resource/badcfg?p0=query&p1=array&p2=object&p3=GET&p4=%2Fapi%2Fmarvel%2Fv1%2Fclusters at commons.bundle.js:27356 at $http.then.value.$resolved (marvel.bundle.js:106586) at processQueue (commons.bundle.js:42033) at commons.bundle.js:42049 at Scope.$eval (commons.bundle.js:43277) at Scope.$digest (commons.bundle.js:43088) at Scope.$apply (commons.bundle.js:43385) at done (commons.bundle.js:37834) at completeRequest (commons.bundle.js:38032) at XMLHttpRequest.requestLoaded (commons.bundle.js:37973)(anonymous function) @ commons.bundle.js:39765(anonymous function) @ commons.bundle.js:36534processQueue @ commons.bundle.js:42041(anonymous function) @ commons.bundle.js:42049Scope.$eval @ commons.bundle.js:43277Scope.$digest @ commons.bundle.js:43088Scope.$apply @ commons.bundle.js:43385done @ commons.bundle.js:37834completeRequest @ commons.bundle.js:38032requestLoaded @ commons.bundle.js:37973


(David Pilato) #5

Marvel 2 is not compatible with marvel 1


(Tin Le) #6

I am using marvel v2.1.1 :smile:

$ pwd $ installedPlugins/marvel $ more package.json { "author": { "name": "Elasticsearch", "company": "Elasticsearch BV" }, "scripts": { "test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1", "precommit": "gulp lint" }, "name": "marvel", "version": "2.1.1", "repository": { "type": "git", "url": "http://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-marvel.git" },


(Mark Walkom) #7

It doesn't work like that, you need to open KB and then go to the Marvel app.


(Mark Walkom) #8

It'd be better if you created another thread, while the outcome is similar, the problem seems different.


(Tin Le) #9

Agreed. It does seem different.

Created

marvel 2.1.1 error


(system) #10