Marvel Matching Fields to Dashboards

Is there documentation somewhere on which fields from the .marvel* indices match to the dashboards on the Marvel dashboard page (ex. Which field is used to populate "Indexing Rate" and "Search Rate"). I would like to do some extra aggregations with that data, but I can't match the fields to the dashboards by eyeballing.

Screenshot:

Hi Maxwell,

Are you still trying to figure this out? If so, what version of Elasticsearch and Marvel are you using (or 5.x version of X-Pack)?

Thanks,
Lee

Hi! I am still trying to figure this out! Im using x-pack. Which are the fields used to populate Indexing Rate??

Hi @joaoantoniopereira,

The picture you showed is from Marvel 2.x, which changes these answers only by the index. The fields that we use for those in 5.x all come from the .monitoring-es-2-* index.

For all of these, you can swap .total. with .primaries. to get just values for primary shards.

• Search
    • Rate
      • indices_stats._all.total.search.query_total
    • Latency
      • indices_stats._all.total.search.query_total
      • indices_stats._all.total.search.query_time_in_millis
  • Indexing
    • Rate
      • indices_stats._all.total.indexing.index_total
    • Latency
      • indices_stats._all.total.indexing.index_total
      • indices_stats._all.total.indexing.index_time_in_millis

Note for the latency we get the time it took to do the current slice and divide by the number of the current slice, where slice is the bucket size.

Hope that helps,
Chris

Thank you!!

Yeah, we're now on kibana 5 now, so those look great! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.