Marvel not showing data

Hi there!

I just installed Marvel in my cluster, consisting in 3 data nodes and 3 masters.

Data from Marvel is flowing to the system, as I can see the marvel index has around 700 documents, but when I open the interface (which is behind a LB in Amazon, pointing just to the 3 data nodes), it doesn't show anything.

It shows sometimes the following error:

The connection to Elasticsearch returned an error. Check your Elasticsearch instance.

But they are installed on every node (I can see it by doing a GET request to plugins).

Should I do something more? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hi Willy,

I encountered this issues a few hours ago, and my problem was the eligible master node configuration.
For some reasons, my second node became the master one instead of the first one.

I forced my first node to be the node master and did the oposite on the second one.
It fixed the problem.

I supposed that creating my second node after installing the Marvel Plugin (and subsequent step, adding the MARVEL indexes) is not the right thing to do, according to the log I've found :

[2015-12-16 11:49:08,214][DEBUG][action.search.type ] [Red Moose - 1.5.2] All shards failed for phase: [query_fetch]
org.elasticsearch.search.SearchParseException: [.marvel-2015.12.16][0]: from[-1],size[1]: Parse Failure [Failed to parse source [{"size":1,"sort":{"@timestamp":{"order":"desc"}}}]]
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.parseSource(SearchService.java:721)
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.createContext(SearchService.java:557)
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.createAndPutContext(SearchService.java:529)
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.executeFetchPhase(SearchService.java:370)
at org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$11.call(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:333)
at org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$11.call(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:330)
at org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$23.run(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:559)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.search.SearchParseException: [.marvel-2015.12.16][0]: from[-1],size[1]:** Parse Failure [No mapping found for [@timestamp] in order to sort on]**
at org.elasticsearch.search.sort.SortParseElement.addSortField(SortParseElement.java:214)
at org.elasticsearch.search.sort.SortParseElement.addCompoundSortField(SortParseElement.java:188)
at org.elasticsearch.search.sort.SortParseElement.parse(SortParseElement.java:96)
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.parseSource(SearchService.java:705)

Marvel try to find a non-existing mapping...