Marvel: sudden errors with index_stats type

Hi,

I'm sort of new to ES and currently evaluating how well it will work for
storing and querying our log data.
I installed Marvel and it worked fine for a while but now I'm suddenly
getting weird errors and the index stats are gone from Kibana:

[2014-05-09 13:35:43,035][ERROR][marvel.agent.exporter ] [Bushmaster] create failure (index:[.marvel-2014.05.09] type: [index_stats]): MapperParsingException[failed to parse [index]]; nested: MapperParsingException[failed to parse date field [.marvel-2014.05.08], tried both date format [dateOptionalTime], and timestamp number with locale []]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[Invalid format: ".marvel-2014.05.08"];
[2014-05-09 13:35:43,037][ERROR][marvel.agent.exporter ] [Bushmaster] create failure (index:[.marvel-2014.05.09] type: [index_stats]): MapperParsingException[failed to parse [index]]; nested: MapperParsingException[failed to parse date field [.marvel-2014.05.09], tried both date format [dateOptionalTime], and timestamp number with locale []]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[Invalid format: ".marvel-2014.05.09"];

I created a gist detailing the steps I took so far trying to understand/debug what's going on. While debugging, I realized that I'm unable to recreate a marvel index with the same mapping that it "normally" has (either created by marvel or by ES automapping). I detailed this in the gist, too:

Since I didn't temper with Marvel indices to begin with, I don't really see how it suddenly could've gone wrong other than because of a bug.

Any hints are appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/61d54877-c232-4a50-ae5d-301316fcc19a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.