I am working on the metricbeat to gather the sys & process info. The particular field -"system.process.cpu.total.ticks" , I am interested in this as, I need to create report by CPU time spent by the process.
I tried as below, however I am not successful so far.
- module: system
cpu.metrics: [percentages, normalized_percentages, ticks]
- cpu # CPU usage
- filesystem # File system usage for each mountpoint
- fsstat # File system summary metrics
- load # CPU load averages
- memory # Memory usage
- network # Network IO
- process # Per process metrics
- process_summary # Process summary
- uptime # System Uptime
- core # Per CPU core usage
- diskio # Disk IO
- socket # Sockets and connection info (linux only)
cpu.metrics: ["percentages", "normalized_percentages", "ticks"]
core.metrics: ["percentages", "ticks"]
I also tried to use cpu_ticks: true , but it reported saying its depricated
2018/05/17 18:47:55.731592 cfgwarn.go:18: WARN DEPRECATED: cpu_ticks is deprecated. Add 'ticks' to the cpu.metrics list. Will be removed in version: 6.1
I tried in both metricbeat 6.1.2 and 6.2.4.
Any suggestions on how to get this metric?