Migrating saved objects across spaces

Kibana version: 6.8.1

Elasticsearch version: 6.8.1

I have two spaces, space 1 and space 2. I have 10 saved objects in space 1 and 0 saved objects in space 2. When I try to export all saved objects(including index patterns) from space 1 to space 2, the import is successful, but I still need to choose a default index pattern. Is this expected behaviour? Isn't the flag say that an index pattern is default or not part of the export/import json?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The information which index pattern is the default is not part of the index pattern itself (otherwise multiple index patterns could compete for this status), but it's stored in the advanced settings. These are a saved object itself and you should be able to export/import them in the same way:

So while migrating saved objects across spaces, can we also import Advanced Settings saved object in the new space? Is this expected or is it an anti-pattern?

Also, I don't see a saved object of type: config in my list of saved objects. I am using kibana version 6.8.1

So while migrating saved objects across spaces, can we also import Advanced Settings saved object in the new space?

This is totally fine.

Also, I don't see a saved object of type: config in my list of saved objects. I am using kibana version 6.8.1

Kibana added this functionality in v7.2.0 - https://github.com/elastic/kibana/pull/34896

Thanks for the clarification @Mikhail_Shustov. So to reiterate, if I am using Kibana 6.8.1 I would have to manually go a choose an index pattern and set it to default while migrating saved objects across spaces. Right?

I'm afraid so.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.